Assistant Pastor Search

We are seeking an Assistant Pastor of Discipleship or a non-ordained Director of Student Ministries to lead our congregation in fulfilling the vows we have made to our covenant children at their baptism by leading us in our ministry to children and youth. The position will determined by eligibility for ordination. In addition to sharing in other duties, the Assistant Pastor of Discipleship, under the supervision of the Senior Pastor, will develop a children’s program that will continue and grow into the foundation of our youth program in the next five to ten years. If ordained, we expect 75% of the time to be devoted to children’s and youth ministry and the remaining 25% given to sharing other pastoral work included preaching, serving the Lord’s Supper, visitation, and counseling. If not ordained the other time would be given to assisting with other discipleship areas. Qualified candidates should have a passion for serving children and youth, and preferably have 3-5 years experience.
Covington is a wonderful town. As the county seat of Tipton County, it is small and rural with a population of around 10,000 people, but close enough to Memphis (40 miles) to enjoy the big city amenities. Covington is made up of a diverse population creating a very welcoming atmosphere for all walks of life. Tipton County schools are some of the best in the state. Covington High is a 3-time winner of the Tennessee SCORE prize. Covington is also home to the Unilever ice cream plant, which will be the largest ice cream plant in the country when all phases of construction are complete.

Email PIFs to searchcommittee@1pc-covington.org
http://www.covington-tiptoncochamber.com/